This is the old Matchbox
No.33 Lamborghini Miura that I got from Ebay. It was in a very bad condition,
with front roof pillars bent. Here is a small renovation story:
I dismantled the car.
Here you see the roof straightened, but the right pillar broke during the
I put the body in
brake fluid for two days and it was no good in the end... So I didn't bother
that much, but the paint was almost rubbed off later, while sanding down
the mold chips on the body
I painted the inside
leather and flat black
Another view of the
I replaced the right
pillar with a styrene piece and fixed it with CA glue. Then I sanded the
body all over.
Here are the finished
pics. I applied BMF on the headlights, rear lights, licence plate and body
emblems. I applied a flat white base, and metallic dark green over it and
topped the whole with a clear coat. After each layer of paint cured, I
scraped the paint on the BMF parts and had the metal exposed. The wheels
also had their share from BMF because the chrome was very bad.
There was a cracked
part at the top of the windshield and I camouflaged it by tinting the glass
with clear turqoise.
I painted the rear
lights with clear orange and red. The licence plate and the exhaust tips
had a flat black.