( Read as  "Dolmoosh" )
Page 7 of 7

I picked up a wheel center from my parts box, for manufacturing the spare wheel. I drilled the bolt holes and the center. 
I weathered a tyre and assembled the spare wheel.
But then, it came to my mind that the car also should have no chrome wheel covers but the plain, pressed steel wheels instead. However, the kit had no such options for wheels, so I had to put the wheels from my parts box. But I had already used one of the four for the spare wheel, in an irreversable way. So now I had to find one more and since I had no more, I had to manufacture it by resin copying. I did what I should do for the spare wheel in the beginning, to one of the main wheels. Anyhow, paint covers them all....
Feb. 29, 2004:

I installed the windshield that I cut from acetate and then the dashboard.

I assembled the wheels and metal axles (UGH!) and had the rolling chassis.
Now to another very important accessory: The prayer-beads hung on the shift lever arm. This item is used for keeping counts for repetitive prayers. The beads are very common in peoples' hands and are frequently played with, not always for prayer counting. Has a positive effect on finger exercising too.
I prepared a piece of thread as shown in the photo and applied CA glue to keep its shape.
Then I painted the beads by touching the painted tip of a toothpick on the thread. The prayer beads are generally made in a single color but there are two-colored ones too, made especially for football team suppoters. This driver is a Galatasaray team fanatic with red and yellow colored beads. Not a coincidence that the car itself is red to match the compulsory yellow stripes...

BTW, by making the car red and yellow, I saved the life of this Dolmus... My Galatasaray fanatic daughter would probably destroy it if it had been the colors of a big rival.... 

 I hung the beads on the most common place and fixed with clear parts glue.
March 01, 2004:

I manufactured the rear lamp lenses from clear plastic sheet and painted with clear red glass paint.

 I assembled the rolling chassis complete. The spare tyre had its place behind the rear seat, with the spanner (manufactured from a headed pin) put through the center hole. Besides rests the bumper jack, which I scratchbuilt from styrene sheets.
And finally, the Dolmus is ready to wait for customers...
To see bigger photos, please click on the ones below: