(Selvi Boylum Al Yazmalim)
Scale : 1/24
Started: 12 December 2007
Finished: 04 May 2016
Page 4 / 9
27 March 2016:
I made the rear light brackets from brass rods, drilled at ends, and soldered to the chassis.
I made the handbrake lever assembly on the rear axle from brass sheet and rod and glued on the axle with epoxy glue.
Manufacturing of the driveshaft. I cut the ends of brass tube with Dremel, then shaped with pliers to form the fork of the universal joint. I made the cross of the joint by solderinf two pieces of 0.8 mm wire. The leftmost part is to go into the differental housing. For the sliding toothed joint, I soldered a brass rod inside the tube.
The rear part of the shaft as assembled.
I made the frontal part of the driveshaft in the same manner. For the shaft bearing, I grinded the edges of a nut and soldered it on a brass C-section.
The driveshaft temporarily assembled on the chassis.
28 March 2016:
I started to assemble the cab with the sides.
29 March 2016:
I soldered the fenders in place.
30 March 2016:
For the heater hoses, I bent M2 screw, cut the head off and grinded one end. This end will go in the drilled holes in the styrene tube.
I fixed the hoses to the heater by CA glue, while held in place in the cab.
I made the bases for the seats from brass sheet and soldered in place.
31 March 2016:
I made the exhaust pipe hanger from brass sheet and soldered on the chassis.
01 April 2016:
I soldered the rear and roof panels in place.
02 April 2016:
I installed the handbrake wiring.
I glued the front grille frame to the cab with epoxy glue.
I put the cab on temporarily and glued the bumper to the chassis with epoxy glue.
I made the seating construction for the spare tire from brass.