(Selvi Boylum Al Yazmalim)
Scale : 1/24
Started: 12 December 2007
Finished: 04 May 2016
Page 5 / 9
03 April 2016:
I made the safety chain (to prevent shaft drop in case the universal joint breaks) across the chassis.
I made the step plate on the left side of the bumper. The vehicle in the film had the right side absent so I did not manufacture it.
04 April 2016:
I positioned the door hinges and fixed with epoxy glue. However, it did not hold well, so I scraped the epoxy residues and fixed the hinges with solder, taking extreme care that heat did not melt the solder in close areas. To guarantee that hinges remain coaxial, I inserted a 0.5 mm drill through the hinges.
The doors in open position.
06 April 2016:
I worked on the steering wheel. In the actual vehicle, the spokes are made of four wires at each spoke. The only way to manufacture it is photoetching, however, since I had no possibilities I made the spokes from styrene sheet and covered them with aluminum duct tape. I scribed channels and made a blackwash. I made the ring from copper wire.
07 April 2016:
I manufactured the side ventilation intakes from brass sheet and glued them on the cab with CA glue.
I made the raw seats from balsa.
For the front grille, I took 0.1 mm thick aluminum sheet and formed channels by a toothpick tip.
The three parts of the front grille are ready to be joined.
I glued the three parts at their bent sides by CA glue.
08 April 2016:
A temporary fitting test.
09 April 2016:
I painted the chassis, installed the engine and drivetrain and the exhaust pipe.
I applied a trial first coat of paint.
Some clearances turned to be too small, even with the first coat of paint, rubbing and chipping points appeared. I will take care of these points later.
The cab put over the chassis.
10 April 2016:
I prepared the dashboard and painted the wheels, applied rust effects.
11 April 2016:
Completion of the seats. I prepared the developments for the seats from flat black sticky folio and scribed the seat patterns with a blunt scriber.
I fixed pieces of sponge on the base of seats.
I made the same procedures for the rest, and wrapped the development around the base. For the rug on the bench, I printed a two-sided rug pattern, glued them back-to-back, folded, crushed and got rid of the paper looks.
I glued the folds of the rug to one another and glued the finished rug on the bench part.